View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1430988)   #14
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's no secret that British GT has been losing teams during 2005 too - LNT, Master Motorsports and Xero provided much-needed variation from the Ferrari/Porsche parade. Didn't LNT complain they were being messed around too much by the organisers? (off topic, but that does make me wonder why Autosport reported LNT trying to enter a Panoz in BGT next year...?)

We had 19 runners in the last FIA GT race - yes, for differing reasons, but thriving series don't have problems with lack of entries. As much as I like FIA GT, I fear it reached a peak from the 2004 season to the first half of this year, and despite any new models and professional teams coming through I still think SRO are still aiming for goals which are simply too high, with not nearly enough support.

I agree with Jag - LMES is fantastic, but it's an ACO series in reality, isn't it?

David L - I will agree quite a bit of the general public doesn't cater for much other than F1. I can never understand why so many men love their supercars, but they'd never go and see them in their ultimate form, in race trim!

"British GT, don't know enough about it to be certain, but grids do look better now than they did a few years back, pre SRO.."
- personally, I much preferred the look of the series when it was in the powertour package, and had (now-named) GT1 cars. Oh man I miss those days!