View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1454027)   #262
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't imagine anyone preferred it with one qualifying session for two races to the normal double header system. I suspect everyone was like me and accepted it that way as the daylight is limited this time of the year. The problem with that system, quite apart from the obvious lack of running for your money is that if you have a bad run in qualifying, then you are stuck with starting from the back in both races, whereas the normal sytem does allow you to have a complete new day for the second race. I don't think it could be used to change the one race per event rounds into two races unless we increase the rounds per year as Renault undertake to visit all the tracks that the UK series visits.
Mind you, thinking about that, why not increase the rounds and make it a 16 round affair with the one day events laidout as Brands was..............Yes, I like that, I will suggest it to Simon North.
There seems to be a fair bit of interest for next year already, but as we all know, converting that into cars on the grid is often a different matter. I have had three phone calls in recent weeks from people interested. One is pretty definate, the other two are Zetec boys and I am not sure where they are at with their plans.
Mark Terry, the new guy last weekend enjoyed himself ( damn well ought to have done, he beat me!! ) so hopefully he will be back next year with Reon. We need more twin cams really, the 8 valves have been in the majority at every round. It was good to see Steve and Simon back after their brief sojourn in Mono, lets hope they stay.