View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2005, 02:37 (Ref:1465315)   #14
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
Interesting comments about PT and Grand Am. I have a hard time believing that PT would give up CC for DP, I think more likely is that he'd like to do more races in DP. eg. IMO Pruett is probably the best in DP and a better sports car driver than OW, but the CC level of driver competition is much higher in CC. Given that money is so important to him, I don't think he'd earn anywhere close in DP as he does in CC.
Perhaps it's a case that some Team Owners in G-A also happen to own NASCAR teams........

Whatever, I love Paul Tracy when he's on track, it seems every time he's in a Champcar there's interest, action and controversy (think of his race in Mexico when during a tumultous front to back to front to back to front race, his one block on Glock created a multi-page thread here......that's the kind of controversy we need IMO, not more threads on finances ), but he's done a LOT for Champcar over the year, been it's mouthpiece in it's darkest hour.

He sees his racing career is coming to an end, so as a fan of his I can't really blame him if he wants to go to NASCAR while he still can to earn the $$$ while it's coming his way (milking that first Canadian to NASCAR when it might be looking at going to Canada itself must be tempting after all.....)

We all know his heart will always be in Single Seaters, but Open Wheel seems to be a young mans game increasingly...whereas in NASCAR he can have another 10-15 years of racing......who can blame him?