View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1475069)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Wider tires have greater cooling area and may run softer rubber for the same condition.
This is the reason I am complaining about the 225 x 55 x 15 Formula R's I have to run on my heaby car, they are TOOO soft in my opinion for the weight of the thing. They have overheated and chunked up and I have had to reverse fit them to try to get a few more races out of them as I cannot afford £650 in tyres every meeting! I personally think the car went better on Falken road tyres albiet both bigger diameter and width. I have spoke with a few drivers including Camaro and SDI owners and they have gone up from 16 inch to wider 17 inch and even 18 inch wheels (Gerry) and everyone of them have said this single modification has made more differnce than anything else. This is one of the reasons I have not entered the black car back in ModProds as Toyos do not do a 275 x 50 x 16 tyre that I was running so it means thousands to spend on two sets of wheels and has put me off a bit.