View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1480322)   #90
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my case I am running on genuine road tyres, can't change my geometry significantly (Al's fault), have restricted rim width (8") and am probably overloading the front tyre.

Can't do much about the tyre other than switch them from front to rear each meeting to even out the 'abuse'. I could also change them more regularly but even the ridiculously cheap price we get them for is going to be difficult with the baby/wife.

One thing I could do is have them buffed lower. On the advice of another competitor (Pug 205) I had more tread left on them but having now seen their tyres they don't suffer the same as my car does.

About the only thing left to do to the geometry (within the rules) is increase the castor and increase the cars track. Given that increasing the track is going to cost money and could cause other problems we are delaying that and going for a castor increase.

I am stuck with the rim width.

Funnily enough the rears don't suffer half as bad. The tyre temp reading are about the some so I guess the problem is the way the heat is generated in certain parts of a corner.