Old 14 Dec 2005, 02:58 (Ref:1483609)   #13
okeefe
Racer

Canada
Simcoe, Ontario
okeefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
At this point the tests don't mean much. Keep in mind that Formula BMW and prior to that Barber Dodge champs got CC tests. That doesn't mean drivers from those classes were going to jump to CC. I think IF Legge is seriously considering CC it's because of her strength in the second half of the Atlantics season. Her racing most definately improved over the course of the year. She went from looking green at the start of the season to looking quiet capable towards the end.

Personally I think she needs another season in Atlantics, but the world doesn't seem to work like that anymore.
Some real important points Snrub, thanks - and I like it that you noticed and relied on her progress in the Atlantics where she earned it fair and square. Being a woman, I think women in this sport do deserve a few "extras" and "help" because they are outnumbered and it takes guts to even be there. However, receiving too many extras and help has a danger of making one appear less credibly serious as a racer to me. To need much more extras and help while all alone on a track is starting to sound a little too phoney, needy and whiney to me. I'm finding more and more it seems like a media frenzy feeding off the whole "male-fantasy-fan" market; and less and less about serious racing.