View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1489359)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteconnors
John Turner: Like anything in this country: it would only be an administrative nightmare if the government decided to deal with it themselves! If it was set up by an independant company I'm sure it would work like a Swiss watch! As for the cars being sold etc, the Swiss get by this by issuing you with your own registration number when you get your license. This transfers with you rather than with the car... a neat system I think.
O.K Pete, if you think so!

Quote:
Andy: As for the theives knowing where you live, this isn't a problem in Switzerland as they have the highest number of guns to people around! The whole country is armed to the teeth, and they know how to use them as well, thnaks to national service...
And that's good, is it? It would be appalling if that situation prevailed here!

Quote:
Probably explains why they are neutral: nobody is silly enough to try and invade them!!
I suspect that this was 'a tongue in cheek' comment! Historically, the reasons have had much more to do with the role they have played in Europe, both politically and financially.

I suppose I am just too cynical to suggest that you could import this system as it stands into a country with a much higher population.

Anyway, back to thread, I agree with julio!