View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2006, 01:58 (Ref:1537012)   #14
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe there is a big distinction here between the volunteer and the professional.

Emmerton may run his from a government office (maybe not for much longer now this has been openly stated though!) but he doesn't race a car.

Osborne, on the other hand, was paid to go to London - maybe not in terms of salaray, but certainly in terms of travel expenses.

He was also racing in Germany for Mal Rose - who, it would now appear, saved money by getting a 'travel-free' driver that had travel subsidised by CAMS.

But what stinks more than anything is the CAMS assertion that Osrborne didn't take part in any racing whilst he was in London - OK I guess technically he didn't - but I would be reasonably sure he didn;t return to Australia and then fly straight back out to Germany again.

There is more to this than has so far been made public - for instance - the marketing panel 'do' that Osrborne didn't attend apparently hasn't met since that luncheon despite Papadopolous being appointed (I believe 'elected' was the word used by CAMS) as Chairman - so far he hasn't had anyone else elected or appointed to the panel and it hasn't met since - despite, as I am led to believe, a number of events being put forward to CAMS to be 'looked after' by this marketing panel (the upcoming Bathurst Easter Festical is one major event 'overlooked' by the Marketing Panel).