View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1544625)   #1
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Michael Oliver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pardon me for jumping in at such a late stage in your thread (13 pages is impressive by any standards!) but I've just come across a photo of a BT30 and a quick search through the thread (OK, I admit I haven't read every post but I did search by name) reveals no mention of this particular owner.

The guy is a German called Jorg (or Joerg as I cannot show the umlauts over the 'o') Zaborowski. The photo I have seen appears to show a BT30 - this is what the board on the car describes it as - but I have no idea whether or not this is true as I have no knowledge of that particular type of car.

You can find the photo - as well as, incidentally, a lot of pictures of his BT21, which may or may not be of interest - at the following site:

http://palmspringscam.com

Go to 'Modules' on the left, select 'P.S. Gallery' then 'The old days of my Motor Racing'. The photo is in this gallery, along with lots of other interesting stuff. Also, if you are interested, I seem to remember in the gallery labelled 'Palm Springs Car Classic 2004' (the one with the blue car) there are photos of what appears to be a road-registered Lola T70. I have no idea as to the history of this car but Jorg says it is ex-Bonnier and that the owner has had the car since 1979.

Anyway, I digress, but hopefully the BT30 thing may be of interest...

Michael