View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1571278)   #20
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK
Hi John - thanks for clarifying. Sorry if I inferred they were "allowed" to do this but it did seem an age before officialdom stepped in to get them to grid up properly. I think we all could have understood had they been changing from dry tyres to wets as clearly that's a safety issue but wets to drys? I thought it was fantastic that the eventual winner was one that didn't change his tyres and was still on his wets!

As usual, your team did a fab job and of course I really can't complain as I had a wonderful race in my little front wheel drive. Next time however, maybe we should let the DBT guys race at the end of the day and then they can take as long as they want to change tyres without affecting others!

Still, a great day all in all with some great racing in the changeable conditions and not too many incidents (that we saw). Thanks John to your team and see you at Brands when we are next out with the HSCC. We will be hoping for both wet conditions for me in the Fulvia and very dry conditions for Jason in the Griffith!
Yes it did take too long to put the DBT situation right but, to be fair to the pits/startline team, they were totally 'wrong footed' - as was I sitting in the pace car!!
I was tempted to just start the race with the few that were correctly on the grid but that seemed a bit too confrontational - next time I will LOL

As you say 'natural justice' prevailed for the eventual winner.
Your weather 'order' for Brands is noted and we'll do our best to oblige