Old 6 Apr 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1572682)   #22
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
As an example, I was re-watching Adelaide Race 1 this morning and was starting to get a headache - then realised why.

Between Crompton and Diffeys voice I started to realise that Diffey has one hell of a scratchy voice - to the point at the end of the race it was becomig painful to listen to.
Wow, you too? I experienced the very same thing. I rarely re-watch coverage, but I was bored so I took it out - and found I couldn't sit through it! Its bad enough when its live, but when its not his mannerisms poke out even more. Its just constant constant droning and droning (if nothings happening, it'll be "on board with lowndes, looking back at skaife" - and its booming, booming all the time). Enough whinging...

British commentary (I've found) needs getting used to. I used to dislike Ben Edwards and Martin Haven but now I've heard more of them (Sebring, A1GP) I think they're among the best commentators. I think its not half bad ( ). John Watson is really, really good too. He should be commentating F1 (apparently he used to in the 90's on Eurosport).

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
And, given a couple of tracks they run on here, at least one permanent circuit is well beyond its Use By date (Oran Park) for the simple reason it was designed when cars had roughly half the horsepower they have now.
Whats wrong with Oran Park? The only thing I can see is that it needs resurfacing and the ammenities improved. The last thing thats wrong with it is the design! Its sensational!

I'm not sure what all this talk about "kart tracks" is. Are we saying that if a car has 600 horsepower it shouldn't be run on circuits with tight radius corners? If thats the case all our circuits would be Tilke-rings and rather boring if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan
Storyline..I hope you are a Comedian, because that would be one of the funniest jokes I have heard. British Motorsport TV is generally deplorable.
At least they have a motorsport channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I would say V8s probably are better than "half" the motorsport that is televised in Europe.
I'd agree. The racing is better than all of DTM, BTCC, FIA GT and they're meant to be the top categories. But I appreciate the other aspects of these series more than the V8s (e.g. that they will allow more than two manufacturers in).

I think Skaife is right - but he could have chosen better words if he knew he'd be quoted.