Thread: camera
View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2001, 12:32 (Ref:158485)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paulzinho, thanks for the comment. My gear is along the lines Paul C suggests. I use a ten year old Canon EOS 100 with 28-80 and 100-300 zooms. I traded up 10 years ago from a Minolta X300 (I think it was) because my eye-sight is far from brilliant and I had heard how good the Canon autofocus system was. I have to say it is brilliant. I also use a 2x converter (which gives me 200-600 on the bigger zoom). I lose autofocus and a lot of light, but on sunny days (or tripod days!) it's great for looking into pit garages from the Le Mans tribunes!

For motorsport pics, you have got to get to grips with the panning shot and the use of different shutter speeds for a variety of effects. To be honest, the night shots are easy, use a tripod (obviously), go for plenty of depth of field and just leave the shutter open. The EOS will allow me to use shutter speeds of say 10-20 seconds, so it will do most of the work for me - a concept I am very happy with!

The EOS 100 was discontinued a few years ago, but there are later models in the EOS range which will do anything my camera can do. I can speak for any other camera manufacturers as I haven't tried any of their gear.