View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1585837)   #17
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know if the Lister will be of 2005-spec or if there are any improvements for 2006...? The car might have done well in 2004 with a decent driver, but can it really keep up with the likes of the '06 spec 'Vette and Astons?

I guess there are one or two reasons to stay positive - afterall the Saleens have been very quick so far in Europe and look at the appauling year they had in the LMES and FIA GT in 2005...

I obviously don't know the full stories etc. - my thinking was that a car over a decade old which hasn't been regularly competitive since 2003 (when the grids looked quite different, it has to be said!) would struggle against the might of the 2006 C6.R and DBR9, even in good hands. Remember, the FIA GT championship had slightly different rules to the ACO races back then, too.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'd love to see Listers up at the front again - it's my favourite car. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

On topic, one query I do have - now the FIA and ACO rules are supposedly alligned, what's stopping anyone entering a Lister in the LMS...? Just homologation?