Thread: Bathurst
View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1635689)   #8
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Refund...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
What are you blokes talking about wednesday for? he said thursday/friday - and I'm sure if he is coming from O/S and is desperate enough to see the great track that he wants to hire a car then money wont matter too much and he'll pay whatever for whatever he need to - a 4 day pass from the Mount would be something not too many people would get to go home with!! Ummmm...a little background never hurt anyone...did it??

If you hire a car from Manly, and considering you probably don't know where you're going allow 3 hours for the drive there. From Penrith to Bathurst is just about bang on 200km, then say 50 to manly? 500km round trip so if you hire say, a 4 cylinder you'll end up needing 2 tanks of fuel by the time you refill it to give it back so also allow about $140 for fuel.

If you can only pick one day out of thursday or friday, go on friday.
Last year there was only 1 V8Supercar practice on thursday, whereas friday has 2 practices (albeit 1 is the co-driver session, but will still have the likes of the Kelly brothers, Whincup etc on track ) as well as qualifying. If you are serious about going you should also consider trying to find accomodation NOW, but even then I don't like your chances too much - for the race weekend I suppose count on at least $120ish for the night.

'tis about all I can think of .....
AFAIR....for one day at a time entry, they ask you to pay for a four day pass then refund the unused portion when you return at days end.

Podd...can I suggest that you keep in touch and when closer to the event see who can help you out....there may even be a bed in a campsite at the track offered....Cheers, Mick

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 16 Jun 2006 at 09:27.