View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1654305)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
Magnificent torpedo tail fabric-bodied Minerva

A magnificent 1936 Delage. I don't know what model it was - it is too short a day to walk through the paddock, carpark and not miss too many races.
Excellent stuff, John, thanks.

The Minerva is an incredibly rare beast.

The truly gorgeous Delage is, I believe, a replica based on the 3-litre car that finished 4th at Le Mans in 1937 when driven by Louis Gerard and De Valence. It carried this closed coupe (we'd probably call it a GT now) body by Figoni and Falaschi before that company went completely over the top with their extravagant styling! It is one of my all time favourite cars and all credit to the gentleman who had the good taste and the financial wherewithall to replicate the lovely shape!

Last edited by John Turner; 23 Jul 2006 at 07:28.