View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1739583)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
My bad on the last year thing but I don't understand your point about a Championship being more important.

Scuderia Ecosse haven't won the championship! they're second in the order in the GT2 teams and tim is currently 3rd in the driver's championship (and can't win it)

LNT meanwhile finished second and third in the Le mans Series title race.

So by even that measure the two are at worst evenly matched

Lets look elsewhere too - Out of the seven European races the team contested (forgetting for a moment the best result by a non ALMS GT2 team in 6 years at Sebring) LNT won three (including Le Mans, and had a second and third place too (only finishing off the podium at Silverstone and the Nurburgring)

For Scuderia Ecosse the score is four wins from ten with a further pair of second places and a trio of thirds with three races where the team scored no podiums at all

That's a reasonably similar performance i'd say.

Now go and ask any GT driver which they'd rather have - A win at Le Mans or an FIA GT Championship win and I'm prepared to bet a reasonable amount of cash that the 24 hour title means WAY more to most of them.