View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1744135)   #43
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can understand that people would want to take advantage of modern rubber and that that might not be possible on period rims, and I think that it's a good idea to allow that BUT it has to be properly regulated - possibly limited to an increase in wheel diameter of 2", and as Al suggested the brake used should fit under a rim of the original diameter (and perhaps the car should be presented on those rims, on the front at least at scrutineering, along with the larger rims off the car?).

I'd like to run in pre-93, and i'd like to do it with full grids (preferably other cars of the 83-92 ilk, but anything to get a good spectacle), but those grids shouldn't come from older cars being given performance concessions. The place for "specials" is in Classic Thunder (or whatever it becomes); there might not be anyone currently in CTCRC who wants to race an older car in pre-93 on a permanent basis, but all it takes is one person to take advantage of a loop-hole in the rules and suddenly everyone can be off the pace!

Last edited by Tim Wilkinson; 21 Oct 2006 at 14:38.