View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1780976)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
I still have my doubts about Engel. I saw him in the Euroseries 2/3 years ago and he couldn't impress me at all. Winning at Spa is always good but I wanna see him racing in a stronger field with not just 3/4, but more guys who are quick enough to fight for the title. I don't see him being the next German F1 star.
Right now, Nico Hulkenberg is looking to be the next German F1 star, depending on how seriously you take A1GP. Strange, considering that he didn't even win the Recaro F3 Cup...

The problem for Engel is that until this year he hasn't really done a full season in anything; just a few races here and a few races there. This year he did a full season of British F3, which was a challenge in itself, because unlike almost everyone else, he hadn't raced on any of the circuits before. And don't forget that he was using the Mugen-Honda engine, which most Europeans would say is not in the same league as the Mercedes. Not that I agree, but that's another story...