View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2006, 10:21 (Ref:1800338)   #13
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Really, how much is the old gal worth now then?

A nice B-plater '84 in white - mind you I think they all were. Absolutely original.
I've seen mint ones go for over £3K.

I'll put mine back together one day..... Mine's on a C-plate, as is my brother's - though his has a "real" competition history - being the car that Ivan Dutton did Prodsaloons with in 86, and later campaigned to some success by Neil Crofts.

Mine belonged to a girl who worked at a dealers in Houghton Regis, I bought it at two years old, and started racing it in 1990. It's got 16 wins under it's belt from a year and a half of competition, together with a championship r/u in 1990, and winner in 1991. It evolved into a GTE, but I have everything to restore it back to aboriginal (except for the transfers - which are easy enough to get now)

That's all by the by... I still reckon a bog standard Sport would do well in this series. 95bhp on it's 40's. The only things that let it down are the wide ratio box, and the 175/70 x 13 rubber (if you have to have standard rubber).

Rob.