Thread: the going rate
View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1827260)   #69
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would hope if you tried you would get the MSA pass Ian. Enough people know you, have heard you commentating, read something you've written, the website etc etc etc - the people who need to know you, know you is the basic just of what I am saying!

There does need to be some sort of criteria / easy way of accrediting people such as your snappers / reporters and ensuring those needing to work do get the necessary accreditation. And I believe there should be one rule across the board for that.

The very first time I went to a circuit to write for somebody towards the tail end of 05, I had to pay £25 to get in (I can't remember why now but I think it's because my day job is not media related) but I presume also because before that, I had only written a couple of very small things. Was that right? I don't think so but the job needed to be done and so I paid for it, it came up the day before the meeting itself and that was that. I know of a couple of people who were turned down for ASI recently - motorsport is not their main income - but it would've taken ten mins to check references etc and see if they were genuine, which in that particular case they were.