View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2007, 08:50 (Ref:1837056)   #13
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
very interesting AU N EGL- thanks for the information - with a split reverse cam is there much overlap?.......or any whatsoever?......going by whats said in the link I'm thinking there is none on such a low revving engine as the LS7.R's

sounds quite logical when I think about it, as a 40mm exhaust valve is actually quite small, hence the extra lift and duration would make it flow better for sure.

I'm told NASCAR tuners run 40.6mm (1.6") exhausts, and I'm told they struggle getting them to flow properly, but do get away with it and it works.......all in an attempt to use the biggest intake valve possible - which in Nascar is 54.6mm (2.15") ........aparrently 49.15mm (1.935") valve spacing is mandatory in NASCAR, so it keeps valve sizes under control.

Surely Katech or GM must have realised the LS is a great platform for a LMP1 motor?.......the restrictor regs favouir it heavity as it will have a 6% restrictor size advantage over the equivalent 4-valve motor