Thread: a1gp
View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1893914)   #43
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garybirch
You won't be allowed in unless you have the relevant sticker attached to your pass which means you should be marshalling it on one or more of the days anyway.
Yeah, I know...that was the whole point of the post!

At least with tickets you could print names on stubs or something, and then hand them over at the gate - that would be physical way of tracking marshals (although I have never been asked for a ticket yet!). But this sticker on a pass thing....hmmm....it just seems like it would be more open to abuse! Not that I think marhsals are scheming at all...

I'm really only pointing it out. I guess any system has its flaws, and maybe if we all know about it we can be more vigillant!

A few other points though:

Who is David Scott and "JP"?

If I were to admit on here that I was going to use the pass to get in and watch the racing and not marshal, would it make any difference? I am not using my real name (although the one I am using is not that imaginative either) and although it is possible to track people and find out who they really are from forum posts it is quite a lot of work!

Obviously if someone were to abuse the system so it would look bad for all marshals, and not just the individual concerned!