View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1899480)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Rover Sport
Thanks chaps.

I remember the Woodcote Chicane incident well 'chunterer', as I was actually sat in the grandstand overlooking it!
Yep I was a little further along (and more than a little younger!) and could only see it in the distance. But the end of season video documented it quite well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Oh yes, it's definitely of interest- it's brillliant to have the complete rundown in one go (wish the Rovers were so easy, but I suppose the Metros were always going to be easier to document, as there were just 7 chassis with relatively short careers) As you said, the tricky bit is 'where are they now?'
Oh god how I wish the Rover thread was a little easier to unravel! But yes this is an excellent new thread as is anything related to the 1980's halcyon days of Group A!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I believe a good friend of mine, James Shead, started in these before progressing ultimately to Group C in a Spice which he shared at Le Mans with Ray Bellm
Hi simon, I don't recall James Shead running in the BTCC in one (unless he shared Pearcy's in 1987) James drove a Maguire run Golf 16v in the 1988 BTCC though?

He did however compete in the Metro Trophy as part of a 3 car Maguire entered team in the mid 80's alongside Vic Covey and AN Other. The cars were Silver and wine coloured but I can't remember the sponsor?

Last edited by chunterer; 25 Apr 2007 at 08:18.