Old 30 Jul 2007, 05:41 (Ref:1976096)   #68
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
I wonder if Longhurst/Heger were in either of these cars, maybe the ex-CiBiEmme car entered by Petch?
Longhurst/Heger were definitely in a factory BMW Motorsport car, almost certainly the Fangio/Brabham car from Bathurst, whilst Branca and Cecotto were running the same CiBiEmme car now owned by Mark Petch. In fact, that car would win the second Nissan Mobil race at Pukekohe the following weekend. Meanwhile, the car David Towe has now is the Lorimer/Sax car from that race.

This may be incorrect, but I seem to remember two M3s arriving in Australia after Bathurst in time for the Calder WTCC event. One was the Thomas von Loewis of Menar/Prince Leopold von Bayern car, but I suspect that the other was to replace the chassis savaged by Ravaglia on top of the Mountain (even though that chassis was repaired by TAFE and started the race with Oestereich/Ratzenberger/Heger). Who used this car - if this happened at all - I'm not sure.