View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2007, 07:07 (Ref:1984664)   #1
dubby99
Racer

dubby99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A question for AOWR fans

I was once a big fan of AOWR back in the CART days, i started following the series from 97 to now what is called Champcar. In some ways nothing has really changed from back then when you think about it, only for the fact that they don't race on ovals anymore but i think that will change in a couple of years thats for sure.

I don't mind the IRL only if they stayed an all oval series, but it fustrates me when i hear they are going to a road or street course, like they are loosing a superspeedway (MIS) and adding Detroit (you could never guess that was part of the vision) and hear is the thing it really looks like it's becoming CART all over again.

Sorry the question: if in a couple of years down the road we see IRL adopt more road and street tracks and loose a few more ovals would this make the long term of the IRL's existance and it's vision pointless??

beacause all it doing is evolving to becoming CART again which it was trying to eliminate along with the engine leases and forign drivers racing in the series.

Then again i am not so fanaticaly educated with all the facts relating to the split, i don't know every single detail, but i think i know enough and i would want the 2 series to be 1 as soon as possible.

IMHO the split is just destroying what AOWR should be not what TG and KK want it to be. IMHO