View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2007, 11:58 (Ref:2053193)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dario was "screwed" out of the title?

Motorsport, first and foremost, is about winning. JPM did this far more often than Dario and also lost a nailed on victory at Road America late on, having held the lead most of the day fighting a knackered gearbox. And other points were lost thanks to Helio spazzing out at, I think, Toronto for example. There were of course the two late season errors at Surfers and Houston, the second one being somewhat freakish.

Add to this that it was his rookie season, he took six poles to Dario's two and drove in a rather more exciting manner then I don't think there can be any doubt who was the deserved champion. And I don't think Dario would argue otherwise either.

It was a great battle though. Two differing attitudes produced almost the same outcome. The carefree, daredevil attitude vs. the points harvester. What a year, what a series!