View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2008, 10:53 (Ref:2116185)   #21
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't agree with splitting qualifying sessions or races mainly because the grids for libre just are'nt big enough. The fundamental problem, as I see it, is driving standards or lack thereof. At the Leinster Trophy I clipped a kerb coming back from the international bit, spun and got beached on a kerb which resulted in no lap time. This meant that I started dead last and frankly I was amazed at the stupid things happening in front of me. One guy was weaving in front of me, I could actually see his head moving from side to side looking in his mirrors. Another tried to push me into the pit wall (which I discovered afterwards was noted by the COC) yet no action was taken. I'm not having a moan here but in all fairness I, like most drivers have a wife, kids and a job to go to on Monday morning and dont want to visit Naas General because someone else has a self destruct fetish.
Mondello has CCTV, marshalls and club stewards. If someone ignores blue flags or drives dangerously, black flag him and send him home. It may come as a surprise to some but it is possible to race hard but fair and if slower guys (who have as much right as anyone to be there) keep an eye out for blue flags and watch their mirrors (though not for weaving purposes!) then we can all enjoy ourselves at whatever pace and go home in one piece.