View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2117930)   #141
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Well, KK said he wasn't involved in the talks. Forsythe hasn't said anything. I've heard the talks involved the 3 OTHER Amigos other than Kalkhoven.

As for something being in writing, it apparently didn't get past the discussion stage and a lot of the discussion was based on a letter from TG to KK in '05 as a foundation to wrangle out first.

Forsythe's demand of $100 million apparently pitched the whole discussion into the dumpster. The Amigos bought CART's assets off the courthouse steps for $3.2 million. In four years, it would take an infinite amount of bluster and BS to say it had appreciated in value 33 times since CC took over.

If Fomoco is new to the forum, I should apologize. If he's not, we've already read all of that for years, so it bores me.
Considering the amount of money has been poured into the series by the Owners, is it any wonder they do want at least a settlement of a few million. Perhaps $100 million is a bit steep, but the Owners are simply going to roll over and submit to TG when his series isn't in much better shape either.

This will be an amalgamation or marriage of the series, NOT a takeover of one by the other.