View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2142048)   #23
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
The 2005 LMP2 class drivers champion can't keep pace?
Shall I put up lap times or do we have to wait until first open practice?

LMP1 by design is suppose to be a faster class. The Creation was suppose to be a good private effort and proved to be quite fast the past 2 seasons at the two final events of 2005 and 2006.

I'm pretty safe in assuming that Clint Field in equal equipment and tires, taking the crews out of it and let Porsche techs setup the cars, would quite a bit off the pace of Ryan Briscoe....

Clint's problem isn't money obvoiously if he was a "fine" talent he would be started racing much sooner in life, other teams would be trying to sign him away from his father, etc, etc.

I am critical of C Field and C Dyson because they are the "Silver Spoon" of this generation of Sportscar family teams and even if only 2 tenths off professional pace says your not serious about WINNING. When your a "small" team with limited budget, you need to make up the pace on the track since you can't make it up back at the shop.

As I have stated several times, Sportscar fans hold this funny notion that rich people are to be excused from any talk of being serious about racing.

Just WHERE did the Fields spend most of their time last year? -

Not at the front, they got more camera time from the "Cub Reporters" than on the track and as a racing fan or Intersports fan that should be troubling to you.