View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2008, 11:09 (Ref:2143146)   #25
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
Is this a racing series or a fashion show.

The term "modern" rhetorically, is an obtuse chorus heard often on on line forums, but when I ask what is "modern" the answer is near always defeaning silence.
"Modern" is NOT A LOOK, it usually represents something BETTER than that that came before but it has been over a decade since "modern" race cars of near ANY sort have fit that.

I would much rather see super mods. or front engine cars without the chicken-**** restrictors run, and continually try to get faster, than see another rear-engined go-kart series with all the spec. restrictions that make racing a boring farce.
Bob

So, Bob, what do you really think about this issue (just kidding!)?

But you hit it on the head: this is not a fashion show and when I say "modern" I mean cars that are obviously being designed to go faster today, rather than borrowing elements to duplicate past characteristics.

To use Indy as an example - I loved it when the Loti (Lotuses?) arrived and you had the classic handling and lightweight vs power and heavier weight. More than having favorite drivers, the cars also had variety to them as well.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.