View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2008, 04:30 (Ref:2148875)   #104
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Last year was my first year there, but I was informed of such changes. All I can say is I wish it was how it was before. I agree about lack of grandstands being a good thing. I am scared for the place should it get some "modernisation", or what have you.

It is thoroughly basic, but with virtually total spectator freedom. There was more than one point in my wanderings where I found myself, without passing any fences, however rusted and destroyed they would have been had they existed, five feet away from an unmanned marshal post at a break in the armco.

There was nothing but my own common sense preventing me from walking on to the track in front of cars doing rather high speeds. The place is undeveloped, and lets you go anywhere: you just hike through woods and hills, and can end up with some of the most amazing vantage points.

As I say, ALMS@Mosport 2007 was my first experience of the place, and, well, I instantly fell in total love with the place. I have all my stuff booked (with the exception of hire car) for the 2008 event, and will go every year for this event. If, for whatever reason, ALMS was to not go there, then I would have to pick another event to attend.

Mosport is just utterly magnificent...I 100%, totally, unequivocally, recommend, to one and all, this as place that one simply must visit.

OK, I guess I better stop.

Last edited by Dutton; 11 Mar 2008 at 04:40.