View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2000, 19:55 (Ref:21665)   #18
Franklin
Racer

Franklin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yelwoci,

"I think we should stop giving any credibility to some of F. comments by replying to them and then perhaps he stop swamping this forum. I can't work him out as he seems to be full of information but zero assimilation. Perhaps he's reciting froma book when he gets home from school."

I cannot help but point out that MA is the genius who yammered on and on and on with the BS quoted below while in complete ignorance of the fact that the Arrows F1 team is currently using such a system. And the fact you have completely failed to say anything at all about how MA has been full of **** leads me to suspect you're even lower on the list than MA of people in a position to say anything at all about someone else's credibility.

"Pullrods were tried & discarded many years ago for many reasons : hard to get high enough motion ratios in such a confined space, upper a-arm has to be much beefier ( an unsprung weight disadvantage, which adversely affects mechanical grip, as well as much more prone to damaging the tub in a crash), the lower a-arm also has to be beefier to take the cornering loads, and the shocks are almost impossible to get at for easy adjustment, and usually run hotter because of the confinement. Been there, done that, threw away the t-shirt."