View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2178158)   #35
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The more I read, the more I get wound up! I am meant to take it easy at the moment!

I am unemployed, I can't afford to race, so I don't! My car needs built, I have another 1 for this eventuality but I can't race coz I haven't renewed my licence because I can't afford it and I have been deemed to unwell to drive!

If you are moaning about having to drive 100 miles + away to run in a national series, take a step back and ask why.
If you love racing so much go and race in your local club series, we've done a couple of non-local series and it wasn't worth it, it cost lots of money to fuel the tow cars and drive 150 miles (400 miles in one case) to race for 15-20 mins and not come away with anything, maybe a crappy metal cup if you're lucky. There will always be someone that has a more expensive car or a bigger budget that will hammer everyone else, even in "entry level" series.

As for cost of things, I remember when a can of coke was about 25p. You'll be lucky if you get much change from a £1! Its this damn Labour government. (Tory mode off)

Last edited by rcarr; 15 Apr 2008 at 16:29.