View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2184423)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
HD certainly looks like the future, as Compact Cassettes once were... and vinyl... I'm sure my kids will one day be explaining what that flaky old HD TV thing was all about...
I am sure they will, but we have to get there first, and the next step is HD.
Quote:
As for not going HD being a loss of quality... how do you figure that? The quality stays the same.
knowlesy has twigged what I meant.
Quote:
OK, you might not reckon it to be up to much, but maintaining the status quo until it's economically viable to change is not a loss of quality.
This isn't a HD thing as such, but if I was to guess, the bit rate of Eurosport is amongst the lowest of the channels on Sky. Maybe, due to economic factors, this has to be the case? Having said that I don't know how Sky charges for bitrate - can you buy more (genuinely interested).

I feel it is worth voicing my opinion on this, certainly when someone like yourself is listening. The alternative is just to turn of the channel and not say anything.
Quote:
Still, anything that ups the quality gets two big thumbs up from me...

Of course we could all go to the circuits, the quality there is amazing.
Quote:
Like my stereo commentaries...
Surround would be nice; if I ever dose off you can sneak up beinhd me...