View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2008, 04:43 (Ref:2264248)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
I presume that is what Hampton Downs is still working towards?

I hate to see anyone 6m in debt but if the race moved to Hampton Downs I think it would be better - Taupo is too narrow to provide good racing and the dust is not very nice for spectators.
I thought I heard mention of A1 and Hampton mentioned in the same sentence somewhere. I'm sure that is what is on the cards.

The dust problem I'm sure could be fixed.

I've been on the track a few times and IMHO it is narrow, but I like it anyways. It's also a nice facility. In addition it has a nice scenic backdrop and Taupo itself is a nice town with plenty of tourist facilities. Probably the main advice I could give is to try to keep the track rented as much as possible with testing, racing schools, track days, driving schools etc. and to look internationally for business from historic racing groups, car manufacturers etc. Maybe something along the lines of a Muscle Car Masters type event, which has worked well for Eastern Creek.