View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2008, 21:46 (Ref:2327387)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08u05
Ryan Sharp has been testing with Hitech Racing, and Litespeed have also been testing with former A1GP driver Robbie Kerr.
Sorry to disappoint, but neither of these drivers has an intention of racing for the teams in question. Ryan Sharp is an established GT driver these days, but is also a director of Hitech. Robbie Kerr seems to be an established A1GP driver and Litespeed will be using him, quite correctly, to help develop their car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Actually it's quite shocking how BF3 does next to nothing to improve their offering to drivers. Other national F3 series offer the world in prizes, have TV packages, have people watching the races while BF3 runs on tradition.
I snipped this quote from another thread, because it's very relevant to this one.

Go_For_Pole is wrong in his his last comment. If BF3 was relying on tradition it would still be racing around UK circuits with perhaps one European outing to Spa. Maybe in one or two years time it will revert to that as the double threats of Formula 2 and GP3 take their toll.

Until then, all the aspects of BF3 that he mentions are down to SRO, which holds the commercial rights to the Series and, in fairness to Stephane Ratel, he has had regular meetings with the teams during the year and the plans to be announced at the Awards Dinner on Saturday will reflect that.

Provisionally, there are 6 meetings in the UK at Oulton Park, Donington Park, Snetterton, Rockingham, Silverstone and Brands Hatch GP. The European rounds are at Monza [TBC], Spa, Bucharest and, as an addition, Hockenheim.

I'm not letting out any secrets here. There has been a press release and Autosport was so excited that it gave the announcement all of 3 or 4 lines to mention the addition of Hockenheim.

Personally, I am more concerned about the choice of Rockingham instead of Thruxton. If the intention is to give the drivers great circuits to race on, it's a bad choice.

There, I've set the ball rolling. People are paid to promote and advance the cause of BF3. I'm not one of them, so over to you, guys.