View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2425235)   #1
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC Coverage thoughts (so far)

I would be interested to hear what people in the UK think of the BBC coverage, both now and after the first race.

When their website was first launched it would be fair to say that the reaction wasn't great from many, but clearly it's work in progress and I'm personally a big fan. Loads of content now and the amount of video footage (old and new) is a promising sign. Plenty to read as well, particularly the insights from the team in how the preparations are going.

I listen to Radio One quite a bit and they are all over it, Chris Moyles speaking to Martin Brundle this morning, plenty of coverage on Newsbeat etc. There can't be too many people in the country who aren't aware that F1 is about to kick off.

The most pleasing thing for me personally has been the fairly even handed coverage given so far, for once Hamilton comes across as one of 20 drivers, not the be all and end all.

A sign of good things to come? They certainly appear to be taking it seriously, and the coverage I've seen has been excellent for the more casual observer they are trying to attract (even my other half now has a basic understanding of many of the current issues) whilst not completely alienating those with a deeper understanding. Radio One even broke the news of the diffuser issue being cleared up a short while ago, something - it's fair to say - they wouldn't have mentioned in previous seasons.