View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2432990)   #170
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Dug out a couple of little snippets from 1981 yesterday.

Apparently as with Andy Rouse's team, the Gordon Spice cars were not run by CC in 1981, the period when Keith Greene was Team Manager. However the red cars were back under the auspices of CC for 1982 when Rouse rejoined Spice's outfit.... That's not to say that they weren't built by CC though?

This might make the chassis history area even more interesting/difficult?!

The yellow car I referred to a few posts ago is highly likely to have been the one that Chuck Nicholson owned in 80/81? The info I found suggests that he scored points with it in 2 rounds (including Thruxton, where that images I mentioned is taken) before moving onto to support Win Percy in the TWR RX7 sqaud.

No mention of who prepared or ran the Nicholson car but I wonder if TWR had anything to do with helping out as Chuck was already linked to Tom Walkinshaw by then?

Tony Sugden took over the yellow Capri for a few rounds apparently, does that ring any bellls with anyone? I'm sure Sugden's name was mentioned earlier in this thread in conjunction with Mike Newman's car a few years later.

The other bit of interesting info I saw was that Wayne Wainwright, the Sports 2000 racer campaigned the ex Stuart Graham car in 1981, with backing from Carroll Shelby?!!! So Wayne wasn't driving the other Whiting All Car Equpe car, that was pedalled by Mike Kimpton.

Last edited by chunterer; 8 Apr 2009 at 12:34.