Thread: ARDS Questions
View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2452749)   #65
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=midgetman;2452683]Well, I have always read that sentence to be "has had neither a fit nor medication to control (one)...for 10 years", I thought it was pretty explicit so you may be hanging on to false hope there T-T. I don't think it could be read any other way.[QUOTE]

Well being pedantic - not sure how you could read "nor" as "or" - one has an "n" in front and means something else entirely.

What you have done is added a letter "n" to make the sentence mean what you think it should mean. The Administrator felt the need to swap the word, "or" for "and", to make it mean what she felt it should mean.

Therefore either both those interpretations of meaning are wrong because that is not what the sentence says - or the sentence does not reflect what was intended - which appears to be the case here.

It is bad grammer and has led to a major misunderstanding compounded by poor advice when I rang them initially. It would have been helpful if they had mentioned the DVLA Group 2 rules in the Blue Book then we would all be singing of the same hymn sheet.

You are quite right though - can't really hang an argument on simply that - all they need to do is issue an update with the correct wording - and of course they need to enforce the rules as they stand and they see fit and are absolutely correct to do so.

My argument really centres around whether those rules comply with the law regarding discrimination. If not then they will have to be changed or reasonable adjustments made. As motorsport is naturally on the higher end of risk then proper risk assessment needs to be done and it is how this has been done and applied to my condition that I am questioning at present - with the guidance of the Commission.

In fact I don't understand the technicalities of what I have been asked to get from the MSA I have just followed the Commissions advice.

Think your right though - probably flogging a dead horse here!

Certainly look at Sprint though - someone has already PM'd me with an offer of help - everybody has been really kind regarding this issue - so thank you all very much.