View Single Post
Old 19 May 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2465295)   #82
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Huh? If by that you mean the podium, not even close, ever...and two laps out of 6th when it was parked. If you literally mean "points-paying positions," ALMS awards points to the top ten in each class. With ten GT2 starters, the Viper not only ran "in the points all day," but finished in the points. (You don't have be running to score points if you complete 70% of the class leader's laps.)

My apologies, I had it in my mind that only the top 8 got points, and the Viper being in 7th at the time before the breakdown would have sufficed. Guess I was thinking of a different series......
Without the mech problem the Viper would have beaten the BMW's which I think would have been fine accomplishment for them.