View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2490316)   #19
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As has already been said, we now have the BTCC going a different direction to the FIA/WTCC. This isn't good for either of them and the organizing bodies of other touring car series e.g. Swedish, will now be scratching their heads as to what direction to go. We need to learn a little more about the FIA/WTCC plans... i.e. is the engine the only change they're planning ? Will we be running S2000 cars with spec 1600 turbo motors or will other elements of the car/powertrain be changed too. The multi-purpose approach i.e. rallying and racing is something that has been mooted for a while and its a very good idea. I'm not sure whether it will just be a junior category or whether it will replace the current WRC class... if the latter its unlikely to get a good reception from the current drivers I would have thought.