View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2521294)   #141
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think most people are in agreement that the racing is pretty much spot on, with just a few tweeks/guest races needed. So how about this - instead of using the GP circuit, how about using the international circuit with a couple of temporary footbridges over the section between Beckets & Abbey? Then the concert stage could be put down the bottom of the circuit, freeing up a load more space infield. Bring back Scarf & Goggles plus the rally stage (that was rammed with spectators last year). Set up a drag strip down the Hangar Straight-that would be a real crowd puller.

With the shorter track you could have slower cars (the Anglias plus my suggestion for classic 2cvs?) and still satisfy spectators. There are never many fans past Abbey and Beckets anyway so it would be no great loss to lose the full GP circuit (I know drivers like it but aren't we trying to please the paying public?).

When I first started coming to the classic I could never get to see/do everything in a day as there was always so much going on. I don't think that was the case this year. I think people need to leave at the end of the day wanting to come back for more-that way, they are much more likely to return the following year.