View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2525048)   #274
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just finished watching the race, and it seemed kinda boring. I don't know if that was because I knew the outcome already, or because Hindy wasn't doing the commentary. Listening to it live I thought it was a good race, and was very interested in seeing some of the more controversial moments, but they didn't seem too intense on screen for some reason.

I couldn't tell if DeFerren let Fernandez out of the pits before him or not,as was implied by Rob Dyson. To me it looked like he just was faster out of the pitlane due to a shorter stop.

The real head scratcher was when the 44 car hit the 9 car. On video it seemed to be a bit of a strange turn in angle by Seth, but maybe he was just trying to get back on the racing line and didn't see Scott after the Corvettes went by.

The #20 cars incident at the end of the race was a bit chaotic. The onboard shots they had from some of the GT2 cars didn't show to clearly what happened, but he appeared to get hit, couldn't tell from which car but I think it was a Challenge car. Speaking of that, this was the first race that I thought the Challenge cars got in the way. How many more races do they have with these guys anyways......
I only had the chance to see the race highlights yesterday and I've got the same feelings as you have. It was ok but somehow it didn't seem as exciting as it did when I listened to it on RLM. I don't think Hindy was putting on the excitement either. Marino's chase in particular was quite exciting on the radio but it didn't come across as such with the pictures. I didn't see much of the Corsa Zytek in the footage I saw. Maybe it is all psychological. Who knows.

The attempts by one of the NBC commentators to try and describe the Zytek's hybrid system was quite funny though (some might say tragic). He had no idea what he was on about and he admitted as much.