View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2533626)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectic View Post
ten/tenths has always been so biased towards more modern racing that the odd threads on pre-war racing have been scattered in an around the Historic Racing threads and drowned in the hubbub.

The VSCC has a good forum, but it is a 'closed' forum ie only open to VSCC members, unless you are a marshal.

Why not have a section, or subsection, on Pre-war Motorsport?
Naturally, Mike; it reflects the majority interest of the members/contributors as any forum would. I also suggest that it reflects the proportion of events between those covering the pre war period and the post war period. If more people like you joined and posted, it would change the balance. I'm not sure that I could easily justify to the owners/administrators having a Pre war subforum at the moment - it would have to grow substantially within this forum first. Besides, we do have a number of meetings that mix the two. I'd love to see more on the prewar scene and I review any prewar meeting I go to, but see how many contributed to the last one, I did, here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=116587&page=2

Maybe 3 other posters apart from me, despite over 1100 views! At the end of the day it's down to members to start their own threads about what interests them, or at least contribute to those that do get started.