View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2638239)   #46
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
Thank you for pointing out the almost obvious. Don't know if the team was new for 1989 and hadn't decided on Racing or Motorsport as the last part of the team name as of February 1989?

Jesper
If it's the Burke-Ratcliffe Racing I'm thinking of, then they'd been around for a couple of years by then

Quote:
Good question weather the BTCC supported the Interserie race. The prestige of the BTCC by this point would suggest that it was rather more the Interseries that supported the BTCC. As a note David Piper was recorded for the fastest race lap during their two races in his Spice-Cosworth: 41.88

Then found this: http://www.racingsportscars.com/cove...1990-07-22.jpg

Jesper
Thanks for clearing that one up Jesper- I must have lost the programme for that one fairly soon after the meeting, as I didn't have any recollection waht it looked like. I guess Interserie took precedence on the grounds that as low-profile as it was, it was still an FIA-sanctioned international series.

Slightly off-topic, but it's Richard Piper (80's/90's sportscar privateer, cars usually entered under the PC Automotive name....
http://www.orwell-supersportscup.com...d-Piper-uk.htm )
...rather than David Piper, the famous Ferrari sportscar privateer

Quote:
I owe you, KA, for posting the 1990 results as I'm a little knackered over posting and updating these BTCC pages. But then again, it started about 3 month ago! Not that I have any regrets as my learning of the years covered has grown immensely. Thank you all for your contributions.

Jesper
Thanks for filling in the missing details- I'd got most of the results for these copies from Autosports and MNs, but the most original source magazines are currently stored 200 miles away, so can't check anything beyond what I originally copied down from them- and this exercise has filled in quite a lot of gaps for me, especially for some of the earlier seasons