View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2645426)   #316
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarnie View Post
I see Martyn Jones who posted on the archive thread asking for info on the Ed Shinkel 'Cricket & Co' Capri......

... still to be confirmed as a CC car though.
Interesting, I suspect it is/was. I am hoping we'll get some more info from one of the men behind CC sometime soon. He is certainly going to have a look at our threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeV View Post
Wow, it's been a while since I've looked at this thread - and a whole stack of new photos and videos have turned up!

I may no longer own CC3, but I surely hope she gets the restoration she deserves - the pics can't help but improve her chances... Which reminds me, I must prod the new owner into logging in here...
Yes that would be nice Ade, good to see you still posting too!!

Onto another question everyone: I was viewing an 1984 Trimoco review clip and in the collection area prior to the Good Friday Outlon race, Mike Newman (then Capri mounted) was seen deep in conversation with Andy Rouse....

It's led me to wonder if Mike might have bought his car from Andy at the end of 1982 before he started running such a car in 1983.....

Rouse was selling an ex Vince Woodman and CS-H car he owned/prepared sometime around then. He also sold a car to a rally driver around 1984 as well according to Annauto back along in the thread.