View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2646275)   #70
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Actually no, Purist: Since the Asian LMS seems to be having a 1-3 race calendar for the next seasons, the only purposes of the series are to market manufacturers competing in LMP1 in Asia, and to allow major LMP1 privateers race against them. GTs don't matter: they could come from the Japanese Super GTs, the Asian GT championships, the Euro LMS, a mixture of them or just any fast-enough field. LMP2 could work as an off-(European) season just like GP2 Asia and the European GP2. So I keep what I said: "the Asian Le Mans races are made for LMP1 teams".

Were it me, my Asian picks for the LMIC or whatever it gets called by 2011 are Suzuka (if the F1 GP conflict is resolved) and Shanghai. After them, I would easily accept Fuji, Motegi and Sepang as Asian LMS venues. The remaining circuits in that region seem to me too tight for LMPs. Any of the four Middle Eastern circuits or Phillip Island would be fine too, but they may get too expensive to travel for Japanese teams, who should be a major target for the series.