View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2000, 15:18 (Ref:26645)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont want to get involved in this little contatont ( if thats what it is called..but i would like to comment on your post Liz.

I totally agree with you about dangerous driving and would have a good listen to other drivers rather than spectators any day..but you mentioned Senna in your post (actually pre Senna) and in my opinion drivers today ..well some of them think they cannot seriously hurt themselves of course we know this is not true..but it seemed even to me that when Senna was racing he had respect for other drivers and vice versa to a extent anyway..sure he had plenty of crashes..but I got the feeling they knew the score and worked around that accordingly and it seems to me that there isnt that respect for fellow drivers today.

and EERO..i wasnt around to see the 60's or most of the 70's but if drivers died like that today i would seriously think about another hobby..sure the occasional wheel banging excercise is good to see but the racing is what I like ...a good clean pass on another driver is an artform these days and should be appreciated for what it is now how spectacular it looked..i have a list of over 80 drivers since 1950 that have been killed in motorsport (not all in F1 ..but they all raced in F1 at one stage) and that is way to big a list.