View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2669574)   #109
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi has set a very impressive lap time. The car has been evolved in the right way, in the right direction. I suppose this race will give us some interesting indications about the future behaviour of the new R15 Plus on Le Mans track: Paul Ricard and la Sarthe track are very similar. Both are characterized by long straights, and very fast turns. If R15 will prove to be fast here, I think there will be no significant differences in Le Mans, in june.
Ok, we have to consider we have not a works Peugeot, in Le Castellet. But I'm sure Audi has a large margin on the lap, and Joest and Ullrich are not going to show how much fast is Audi, yet.
The real potential will be shown in Le Mans.
IMHO, I think R15 is more competitive than 908, this year. Peugeot has not been evolved in a significant way, from 2009, while Audi R15 is really different from the previous version.
Peugeot has sent Sarrazin in Le Castellet, to understand the real difference between Audi and Peugeot, with a works driver at the wheels. This may mean 908 are quite similar in both customer and works spec...
In this case, Sarrazin may be a very good termometer.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR