View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2669609)   #110
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
But I'm sure Audi has a large margin on the lap, and Joest and Ullrich are not going to show how much fast is Audi, yet.
The real potential will be shown in Le Mans.
They said the same thing last year after Sebring.

McNish is very good at putting down a fast lap, his lap at LeMans last year stood for quite some time and it took Sarrazin all he could do to beat it.

.3 faster then a non works car, even if Sarrazin is driving is not something great IMO. IMO in order for Audi to show they can win Le Mans McNish will have to be at least a full second clear of the Oreca 908, because its been proven time and time again the other Audi drivers are nowhere near close to the super team. Audi simply cannot rely on the superteam to beat 4 Peugeots, they need a car fast enough where the other Audi drivers can at least attempt to run 2nd and or 3rd.

Also alot of the R15's problems last year were driveablity, the youngsters had some problem keeping it on track. Whether or not the car is more user friendly is yet to be seen. Is the car reliable? The 908s are bullet proof now.

Anyways until race time we really won't know the true difference in speed. And as I said this is the best Audi has, I need to see at least a 1 second gap over the ORECA 908 to give them a chance at LeMans